There’s a wide variety of weight loss smoothies, shakes and juices available in the market today. These functional drinks have been really trending these days. However, these superfood-charged drinks don’t come cheap. Luckily, we can easily make these at home with ingredients that are probably inside your fridge or pantry.
Let’s get started…
Turmeric Golden Milk
This has been used as a medicinal drink in India for centuries. It’s made of ingredients that help with weight loss, bloating, inflammation and a lot more. You can drink it warm, iced or a base for your post-workout smoothie.
- Turmeric: Helps fight gas, boat and indigestion. Increases metabolism and supports weight loss. Has anti-inflammatory properties that can relive joint and muscle pains.
- Ginger: Has antimicrobial properties that protect the body from respiratory infections.
- Coconut Oil: Combats tooth decay and raises good cholesterol.
- Coconut Milk: Builds up body’s immune defenses against diseases. Improves blood pressure by lowering bad cholesterol levels. Builds muscle and helps lose fat.
- You can add cinnamon or honey if you like for an added sweetness.
Apple Cider Vinegar Brew
I’m pretty sure you already know the wonders that Apple Cider Vinegar has to our health but it’s really difficult to drink it straight. It has a very strong flavor and it leaves a burning effect in the throat. For this reason, mix it up with other ingredients and make your own Apple Cider Vinegar Brew.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: Boosts metabolism and promotes weight loss. Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol level.
- Cayenne Pepper: Aids digestion and has detoxifying properties. Regulates sugar level and lowers cholesterol. It’s known to relieve migraine as well as joint and nerve pain.
- Lemon: Helps with weight loss. Aids digestion and cleanses your system.
Many of us are familiar with the refreshing properties of mint but there’s more to that than just a breath freshener. All you need is a bunch of mint leaves and let it steep in a hot water.
- Mint: Promotes digestion and can sooth stomach in cases of indigestion or inflammation. Helps in weight loss. Relieves nausea and vomiting, as well as congestion and allergies.